Here’s the tl;dr for GOG NFT Staking
- The Guild’s treasure Season Two — GOG NFT Staking will run from June 13th 2023 — December 5th 2023 — During this period there will be 1.5 million $GOG rewards available for persons eligible to participate in GOG NFT Staking.
- There will be an additional 0.5 million $GOG available as retroactive surprise rewards for certain eligible GOG NFT holders as further described below.
- To be eligible to participate in GOG NFT Staking, users must actively participate in the Guild of Guardians ecosystem as further described below.
- The first epoch of the GOG NFT Staking program is between June 13th, 2023 — September 5th, 2023 and rewards will be distributed by the end of September.
- GOG NFT Staking reward calculations are based on your GOG NFT holdings at the end of each epoch and the points attributed to those NFTs; each GOG NFT has a set number of points that is equivalent to its original sale price as further described below.
GOG NFT Staking
The highly anticipated GOG NFT Staking program is finally here, continue reading below to find out everything you need to know!
How to be eligible for active GOG NFT staking rewards
- You must hold at least one GOG NFT in your Immutable X-connected wallet.
- Only GOG NFTs held in an Immutable-X-connected wallets until the end of the epoch are eligible for GOG NFT Staking rewards ( See “Timing” section below.)
- You must satisfy at least one of the following criteria every 3 months-
- Trade: Buy or sell any GOG NFT on the secondary market
- Stash: Increase your $GOG balance on held in your Immutable-X-connected wallet by at least 1 $GOG (any $GOG staking rewards received do not count)
- Vote: Cast a governance vote with your $GOG tokens within our ecosystem (Not available yet)
How are the rewards for GOG NFT Staking calculated?
- Reward calculations are made based on your GOG NFT holdings at the end of each epoch.
- Each GOG NFT type has a set number of points that is equivalent to its original sale price.
- Point scores are calculated based on the original sale price of the NFT ($100 original sale price = 100 points)
- Some Hero and Pet NFTs will also receive additional points based on rarity.
- For example, a “Warrior” Chroma receives a 10x multiple vs a normal hero, or a “Rare” pet receives a 2.5x multiple over the original pet score.
- GOG PFPs have been given a $100 original sale price as they were originally rewarded for free.
- A user receives a holding period multiplier depending on how long they have held a particular GOG NFT
- 07/11/2023 Note: Please note, the holding period multiplier resets back to a multiplier of 1x for the beginning of active GOG NFT Staking
The amount of rewards received is calculated from :
- A user’s GOG NFT Staked Points = Quantity of GOG NFTs held (for the entire epoch) x Type of NFT (Each NFT has a different point value)
- A user’s NFT Staking Share (%) = user’s GOG NFT Staked Points/Total GOG NFT Staked Points
- In short, the amount of rewards a user receives is proportional to their GOG NFT Staked Points as a percentage of Total GOG NFT Staked Points in a single epoch
How to Estimate Rewards
To estimate your rewards for the GOG NFT Staking component, create your own copy of the following document below where you can provide inputs in yellow to estimate your reward:
- The first epoch of the GOG NFT Staking program is between June 13th, 2023 — September 5th, 2023 and the rewards will be distributed by the end of September.
- NOTE : Although this article has been published and announced after June 13th, 2023, calculations will be made from that date based off your GOG NFT holdings at the time.
- The second epoch of the GOG NFT Staking program is between September 6th, 2023 — December 5th, 2023 and the rewards will be distributed by the end of December.
- All time periods are calculated based off UTC time.
GOG NFT Surprise Retroactive Rewards
To be eligible for the GOG NFT surprise retroactive rewards you must have fulfilled both of the following :
- Held : Held any GOG NFT in in your Immutable-X-connected wallet between January 1st, 2021 and 12th June, 2023 AND
- Traded : Have bought or sold any GOG NFT on the secondary market at least twice between January 1st, 2021 and 12th June, 2023
How are the rewards for GOG NFT Surprise Retroactive rewards calculated?
Rewards for the surprise rewards are calculated the same way as GOG NFT staking rewards.
- GOG NFT surprise retroactive rewards will be distributed to eligible users (as described above) by the end of September.
- All time periods are calculated based off UTC time.
- Note: $GOG tokens are issued by Guardians Guild Limited. $GOG is the utility and governance token of the Guild of Guardians game.
Why should I be involved in GOG NFT staking?
This is a limited opportunity to get involved in a new staking program for Season 2 of The Guild’s Treasure, with a total of 2M $GOG to be rewarded to our loyal community. This opportunity comes as we gear up for the game’s launch and is specifically designed to reward those who have been actively engaged with the Guild of Guardians ecosystem and been a long-term supporter of the project.
How do I stake my GOG NFTs?
To stake your GOG NFT, the only actions you are required to do is to complete at least 1 of the eligibility requirements.
I transferred my GOG NFTs from my hot wallet into my cold wallet, what will happen to my GOG NFT staking rewards?
For a NFT you hold to qualify and contribute towards your overall rewards in a particular wallet, it must be held until the end of the epoch. If a user had Wallet A (Hot wallet) and transferred their GOG NFTs into Wallet B (Cold Wallet) , this will result in the NFTs moved from Wallet A no longer being eligible for rewards from those NFTs as they no longer hold them.
Wallet B will then qualify for rewards from those NFTs transferred from Wallet A, as long as it fulfils the stash or trading eligibility criteria. The holding duration multiplier will be based on Wallet B’s holding duration and not include the time held from Wallet A.
Is there a minimum amount to stake?
The minimum amount to stake is 1 GOG NFT. There is no action required to ‘stake’ your NFT besides fulfilling the eligibility criteria for a given epoch.
Which GOG NFTs qualify for the eligibility trade criteria?
To satisfy the Trade criteria in any given epoch, you must buy or sell any Guild of Guardians NFT on the secondary market. This includes the following NFT collections:
- Heroes (TokenTrove | Immutable)
- Avatars (TokenTrove | Immutable)
- Pets (TokenTrove | Immutable)
- Other (TokenTrove | Immutable)
How do I stake $GOG?
We have a full guide for this here!
We hope this article has armed you with the details and information to fully understand how The Guild’s Treasure Season Two — GOG NFT Staking Program works! Thank you for taking the time to read and participate in the program. We are grateful to each and every one of you and are thrilled to be able to reward our loyal community members. 💖
Until next time, Guardian.