The Guild of Guardian Diaries — Edition #2
Welcome to Edition #2 of The Guild of Guardian Diaries!
This is our newsletter to the community. We value you all greatly, and we want to ensure a certain level of transparency around what’s going on behind the scenes at Guardian HQ.
We cannot promise that everything we say here will come true. In fact, we’re confident that timelines will occasionally be inaccurate (as they sometimes are). However, we will endeavour to set clear expectations and communicate with you all about the upcoming roadmap and priorities.
Quick recap of Accomplishments
Gas-free NFT trading!
1 — We went live with minting and trading of Wave One Founder NFTs on Immutable X, and Token Trove. We’ve seen more than $1M of trading volume happen so far, and we’re excited for what’s to come! Check it out if you haven’t already.
NRG Esports x Guild of Guardians
2 — We announced a HUGE and exciting partnership with NRG Esports — one of the biggest and most competitive ESports companies on the planet. Stay tuned for details on how you can buy digital NRG collectibles, and win a flight to L.A to go and visit their hype house.
Guild of Guardians Metaverse
3 — We touched on some of the companies and groups that have bought Guilds to participate in Guild of Guardians post launch. We think we are really tapped into the groundbreaking potential for a sustainable and dynamic metaverse economy. Read about them here.
Community Engagement and Rewards
4 — In case you’ve missed it, there have been a bunch of community activities that we’ve released in the last month. Guild of Guardians Merchandise, the POAP painting party, content creation challenges & more in the future. We will continue to look for ways to engage and reward the community.
5— We have hired and onboarded 2 new members to the team, who are experts at both tokens and NFT products respectively. They are passionate about our mission and will be extremely valuable in helping is disrupt the future of gaming.
Art and Creative Direction
We have been making a lot of progress behind the scenes to make Guild of Guardians look and feel better. We have also been ramping up our art team and art partners to get ready to scale, both for soft launch and after softlaunch. Most of the work we’re doing won’t be visible for a while, but we’re happy with the progress and work here.
Hey guardians, Josiah here. This is a little meaty, so bare with me. And remember — all subject to change.
On the dev side, we have been focusing on getting all soft-launch systems to a point where they can be implemented in game and play-tested. This includes:
Designing dozens of individual dungeons.
- Setting traps, balancing encounters and rewards, and making sure our environments and enemies within feel like they belong together.
Designing the combat capability of dozens of Heroes, Monsters, and Bosses
- Determining which Heroes enemies will prioritize and when, balancing behavior like avoidance, speed, prediction, maximization, and making sure everyone fills a role and isn’t just fodder to push through.
- Finding the middle ground where your allied Heroes aren’t a hindrance, but aren’t also capable of winning entire dungeons without you. Balancing their damage resistances, and their ability to react accordingly to enemy actions.
Finalizing squad structure, customization, and synergies
- Testing the limits of our creation! Dozens of Heroes with tons of combinations for Faction, Element, Class, Role, and more. We want players to dive-in, explore, test, and perfect squads of Heroes capable of handling anything we throw at them.
Finalizing Guild creation, management, and guild only activities.
To the surprise of no one, Guilds are super important to GUILD of Guardians. We’ve been putting a lot of effort into making sure the Guild systems are capable of doing a few key things:
- Allowing like minded players to group together, farm together, mint together, and take on the most challenging content together.
- We want to make sure our minting systems are diverse enough that Guilds will need to work together in order to maximize profit potential. Guilds should have the capability to specialize and reap the rewards available only to those that do.
- Making Guilds EVEN MORE critical to the core loop of the game. Ensuring that the key to success is cooperation.
- And finally making sure that extra challenging content I mentioned above is TRULY unique and worth the effort. It should be no easy task to build a team of players capable of completing this content and the rewards for such a feat HAVE to be great.
Balancing the taps and sinks for resources, currencies, consumables, and NFTs
- The numbers. So many numbers!
- Making sure your assets in game aren’t at risk to things like hyper-inflation, bots, or bad faith actors or organizations is always at the top of our list for every piece of content we design.
We’ve also started working on designs for features set for 2022 (post soft-launch) where we intend to further improve the ability for players to earn within GoG.
WAVE TWO NFT SALES
- We are in the process of doing QA testing, and tightening up some of the end-to-end technical processes we had implemented for Wave One. As per the retro from W1, we are also considering the best method of selling these NFTs in Wave Two (considering gas wars, user experience, and fairness).
- We anticipate this to be in the next 3–5 weeks.
Do you want to get involved?
Join more than 250,000 (!) other Guardians who are in our community:
- Sign-up your email on our website: www.guildofguardians.com
- Join our Discord channel to find out more about what we are up to!
- Follow our Twitter for spicy leaks and memes!