- We recognise the varied and highly talented skills of people littered throughout our community, and we want to lean on these groups to help grow and scale the name and vision of GOG to the world.
- We are committing 20 ETH to a ‘community pool & grants’ fund, that allows members of our community to be re-imbursed and compensated for their efforts in building and creating different things that help us achieve this.
- Examples of things that qualify for re-imbursement/compensation include (but are by no means limited to): Tracking tools, websites, fan art, custom bots, educational content series, IRL community meet-ups, merchandise ideation and execution. See the full list below.
- To apply for a grant, please fill out this form: https://forms.gle/bWMA7ak7iXnJCsdR6
- We will put a summary of short-listed proposals into a dedicated Discord channel for people to vote on for 24 hours. If more than 75% of the reactions are up-votes, we will approve the grant.
- The goal of this program is to allow people to express their creative and technical skills (with guidance and support from the team at GOG HQ), and be fully compensated for their efforts.
Community comes first.
We have always been steadfast in our desire to deliver value, benefits, and a sense of belonging and togetherness to all of the people in our amazing ecosystem.
We recognise the varied and highly talented skills of people littered throughout our community, and we want to lean on these groups to continue growing and scaling the name of the project. Naturally, building content, tech tools, and other bespoke things take time, energy, and often, money.
With that in mind, we are excited to officially launch the GOG Community Grants program!
How does it work?
The GOG team has committed 10 ETH to a pool that can be distributed to people/teams who create bespoke ‘things’ that actively assist our community, promote the game to broader audiences, or otherwise align with our visions of completely disrupting the gaming industry.
What are some examples of things that would qualify for receiving compensation/re-imbursement?
Whilst not an exhaustive list, the following items WOULD be considered Tier 1, needle-moving activities that WOULD qualify for compensation and re-imbursement include (but are by no means limited to):
- Community built asset trackers
- Bespoke tools that use our API’s/data to provide a service to the community
- Sales bots
- Collab.land (or the equivalent IMX bot) for verification purposes
- An educational content series on YouTube
- IRL meet-ups co-ordinated by a community member(s)
- Digital meet-ups/events co-ordinated by a community member(s)
- Community Artwork (fan-art)
- Metaverse games/activations (i.e — Sandbox)
- Community Merchandise (end-to-end execution and management)
- Twitter Bots
- Community giveaways
AND MANY MORE! Creativity is king — and if you have a skill-set or idea you want to utilise, make sure you fill out the form, and Nick will get back to you with approval and/or feedback.
What are some examples of things that would NOT qualify for receiving compensation/re-imbursement?
Whilst we appreciate every single tweet, article, photo and words that are written about the project, there is a quality and time bar that we are trying to implement by building out this grants system.
Examples of activities that would NOT qualify for a grant or re-imbursement include:
- One-off written articles, tweets, photos, pictures or other bespoke content
- Tweets and Twitter activity
- Discord activity and general conversation/level
How do I chat with my fellow community members, and vote on ideas?
When someone/a group applies for a grant — the GOG team will write a short summary of the proposal, and put it in the #cg-vote channel of our Discord. We will @ everyone, and the proposal needs 75% + up-votes to gain approval. This allows the community oversight of where our funds are going, and also allows everyone to be involved in the selection process.
How do I apply to get a grant?
To apply for a grant, please fill out this form, briefly describing what you are looking at building or creating: https://forms.gle/qCqCPSgFLZHK3tMJ8
We’re excited to see the many varied and wicked things our community have up their sleeve(s).
Guild of Guardians Team ❤