Guild of Guardians x NRG Esports — Sale Announcement & Details!
*** Details in this piece are subject to change ***
We are excited to OFFICIALLY announce that the GOG x NRG sale will be live for 24 hours, starting on Dec 21st, 2021 at 2200 EST (subject to change).
- The NRG Hero is a LEGENDARY tiered Early Adopters Hero. It is not a Founders edition Hero. It is fully playable in game.
- It will cost $350USD — payable in Ethereum.
- We are launching the sale for the NRG hero on Immutable X — this means you don’t have to pay any pesky gas fees. USERS WILL NEED ETHEREUM LOADED ONTO IMMUTABLE X BEFORE THE SALE IN ORDER TO PURCHASE. We will publish a guide on how to set up a MetaMask wallet, and to deposit into IMX, if you don’t already have one/know how to!
- There is no supply cap on this drop. We are excited to onboard new and mainstream members of the NRG community, and putting a supply cap on the NRG Hero would benefit crypto-native members of both communities at their expense.
- There is a purchase restriction of ONE NRG Hero per transaction.
- The sale will be held IN A 24-HOUR WINDOW. It will close after that, and never be sold again. From there, you’ll only be able to purchase and exchange the NRG hero on Immutable X, and Token Trove (our secondary marketplaces).
- Each summon has a chance to be a “special edition” colour variant, with the following probabilities: 10% Warrior, 2% Elite and a 1 of 1 Mythic
- We will be releasing the first ever NRG art collectible, with every Hero sold, and the owner of the Mythic at the time of snapshot wins a free, all-expenses paid VIP experience in the NRG Castle in Los Angeles.
Esports meet digital collectibles
Gaming is a core part of today’s culture, and Esports is at the heart of it. Professional Esports organisations are quickly becoming iconic, household brands, and these groups are constantly looking for new ways to engage with their fans.
With the emergence of digital ownership, we expect that the next phase of fan engagement will be for Esports organisations to introduce exclusive, collectible NFTs to their fans. These not only provide fans with additional ways to engage with their favourite teams, but will provide them with both unique digital and physical experiences.
And this is exactly what NRG is about to do.
Introducing Guild of Guardians x NRG
The marriage between NRG and GOG is an obvious one.
For context to those uninformed, NRG is a professional gaming and entertainment company known for its championship teams and gaming lifestyle content. NRG boasts the most popular and competitive teams across Fortnite, Rocket League, Apex, VALORANT and Overwatch, with multiple championship wins across these titles. NRG have a massive fan base, with content channels reaching over 50M uniques a month, fostering over 118M fan engagements.
When the opportunity arose for us to partner with NRG, the concept of building a playable, NRG branded in-game hero was too compelling to turn down. As a company that took the time, care, and energy to see long term value in what we were building, we wanted to stitch their name in our history, and as a result, he was born:
How the NRG branded Guardian was built
It was vital for us to create a Hero that properly aligned with, and was up to the level of the standard of other Heroes in our game, whilst still tipping the hat to NRG, and their standing in the space.
As a collective, we wanted this to look and feel like NRG — which is why we went with a ‘championship fighter’ character with subtle glyphic references to NRG in both the sword and the armor.
The NRG hero will also be available in different colour variations, and there will be a 1 of 1 Mythic available for one lucky buyer — who also wins an all expenses paid trip to LA, to go and visit the NRG castle — the first member of the public to get the honour of doing so!
Bonus: NFT Art Collectible
As a bonus, anyone who purchases the Guild of Guardians x NRG hero summon will also receive an exclusive NRG art collectible. This is fully tradable and represents an iconic moment in history — bridging fandom with digital ownership.
Mythic Bonus: Meet the team!
To make things even MORE interesting, we have decided to give one lucky winner and their friend the opportunity to meet and visit their favourite NRG team!
Whoever owns the Mythic hero at a pre-selected date (the ‘redemption date’) will receive:
- 2 Tickets to visit the NRG Esports team in Los Angeles*
- Airfare and accommodations to and from Los Angeles
- Meet and greet with NRG Esports and influencers
- VIP behind-the-scenes tour of the NRG Castle (no fan has EVER been inside!)
- Exclusive private viewing of Esports competition (subject to availability)
- Signed physical memorabilia and jerseys by their favourite players
*Timing is subject to travel restrictions
We’re so excited to be partnering with NRG and bringing their brand to life in Guild of Guardians!
The future of gaming is upon us, and we welcome the entire NRG fanbase to join us in disrupting the gaming industry and empowering players to play AND earn!